Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fiddler on the Roof

This post is overdue, but better late than never. I performed the role of Grandma Tzeitel, plus ensemble, in Fiddler on the Roof at Centerpoint Legacy Theater June 24-July 20. This was 3 months of my life because of 2 months of rehearsal. Doing the show was of course great, I love performing, but it also made me realize that I can't do another show for a while, it's too busy for my life right now. It also doesn't fill the same space in my life it did before. Being in a show used to be the one thing that I did. This time it was simply ANOTHER thing I was doing. In fact, for much of the rehearsal process I didn't enjoy it a lot, it was just so much to do. However, once we hit dress rehearsals and I was up on that stage, I got that thrill and remembered why it is that I do theater. I'm sad to think I won't be doing it for a while. It's my passion, and I love the friendships I form while doing shows. Luckily I still do have things I'm doing, I'm singing in my great choir and we're going to Europe next summer, and this last Friday I performed with the Utah Opera Chorus up at Deer Valley Music Festival. It was a lot of fun, and my first paid gig! :) I'm an alternate for La Travita with the opera in January, so fingers crossed I'll be able to do that. Enjoy some pictures of my fun times.





No comments: