Friday, August 2, 2013

Adventures in Singlehood, Chapter 4

A friend recommend that I read this book. Maybe you've also seen the movie. I got it from the library yesterday and I wish I had read it a month ago. (FYI, not all of the stuff in the book applies to a good Mormon girl, but I still found it very helpful and enlightening.)

The idea of waiting around for a guy to pursue me is a hard one for me. I'm a strong, forward, go-get-it type. But after reading this book I hereby swear to wait around for a guy to pursue me! Because let's be honest, that's what I really want. I want someone to come and completely sweep me off my feet.

I have decided that dating is a lot like auditioning for shows. You go in there and you think you do a great job and then don't get cast, maybe not even a call-back, and you never get any kind of feedback as to why. For a wide variety of reasons you simply don't happen to be what they are looking for. So you could be messaging a guy online and out of the blue it just stops, no response, no idea why. Or you could go out with a guy several times, talk on the phone, etc., over a period of a few weeks and then you just never hear from again. No idea what you said, or did or what happened. It's not enjoyable! But I know that I'm awesome and I want to find someone who thinks I'm way beyond awesome and is also awesome himself. So I will adjust my approach a little bit and hope that it yields better results, at the very least that it helps me be slightly less crazy through the whole process.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The companion book to that "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken" is also fantastic!