Monday, August 19, 2013

Adventures in Singlehood, Chapter 5

The subtitle of this post could be: The weekend I went on 3 dates in 2 days, or the afternoon I spent having text conversations with 4 different men.

So it turns out that I don't have a problem finding men that are interested in me. In fact, I have a couple that don't even really know me, having never even gone out with me, who seem to think I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have a man tell you three-four times during a single date that you are beautiful, (and I went on two dates with this guy and he did it both times,) but in truth it can also be a bit much and make me feel slightly awkward. I'm not at all used to thinking of myself as a highly attractive person who easily has a lot of men interested in me. Sure maybe cute, and fun, but not the kind of girl who is pursued by multiple men at the same time. Remember, I hardly have any dating experience. It's kind of fun though, I'm enjoying being this kind of person. It's a nice boost given my situation. It would be nicer though if I could find men that I myself am interested in. There's a couple that I might be slightly interested in, but no one I'm really over the moon for. I still haven't been able to go to very many different types of single's activities. Being single with children is a tricky thing!

I'm glad to say I'm a quick learner and feel better about the whole dating thing, I no longer feel so strongly that I hate dating. I've relaxed and don't stress so much over it. I'm just trying to approach it now as getting some dating experience and trying to be open. Also, it maybe helps that I currently don't have anyone that I'm interested in that might or might not be interested in me, so I'm not in my head analyzing everything, that helps a lot. Maybe I'll turn into a crazy person again if I should happen to stumble on someone I would like to pursue myself.

I so far only have two dates this week. ;) One is a third date with a guy, going mountain biking. I'm quite sure I'm going to die. The other is dinner, a first date with a guy who I worry might border on being a stalker type. Luckily it has to be a short date because I  have to get to a choir rehearsal after. So if he is a total weirdo I can go out with him once on a short date and then end it. Isn't life an adventure?! :)

No comments: