Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oh what a beautiful day!

Today was a great day! First off, sunshine, blue skies and seventy degree temperatures!! You can't get any better than that. Secondly, I got a ton of stuff done today. I got a run in this morning at the park while Joshua was at soccer practice. Then I enlisted the kids to do a few chores around the house and yard to get the place spruced up a bit. I got some stuff organized and purged. I even took the Christmas lights down off the house all by myself. (Yes, I realize it is almost May and at this point I probably should have just left them on till next Christmas.) This is probably the most productive I have been in months and it felt great! I really should do it more often because it feels so good.

This evening my sister-in-law did a photo shoot of us so I could get a new family picture to replace the one still hanging in my dining room that no longer accurately represents our family. My kids seem to think that getting a family picture taken is akin to torture, but hopefully at least one or two will turn out. I bribed/threatened them with ice cream, so after pictures we went to Baskin Robbins. To top the day off, my sis-in-law gave me her old Nikon D50 camera since she recently bought herself a new camera. Yay! Now I have a camera again to replace the one I broke, and not just any camera, but a DSLR. I'm excited to play with it.

Now I think I'm going to snuggle down in the couch and watch a movie. I'm feeling good, and it's good to feel good!

No comments: