Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For the books

Here's a post about what we've been up to the last couple of weeks, for the record books.

Catholic Community Services had their annual Humanitarian Awards Dinner on Wednesday night, November 7th, at the Little America Hotel. I volunteered to help and they asked me to take pictures. It was fun, and a great way to be everywhere and see everything and meet everyone. President and Sister Uchtdorf were a couple of the honorees. That night I met, shook hands with and spoke with President Monson, President Eyring, President Uchtodrof, Elder Nelson, Elder Oaks and Sheri Dew. A picture of me meeting President Uchtdorf even made it into the online news story about the event in the Deseret News. It was a very nice night, I love working for such a great organization.


This past weekend we took a trip down to St. George. My brother and his fiance, Jordan, were doing a sprint triathlon down there and we decided that was a good excuse to go down to St. George. So all the UT folks went down and Heather and her hubby came up from Vegas. We rented a big condo and all stayed the weekend. Now it never fails that when you plan a trip like this things have to go wrong and the weather turned terrible this past weekend. I had to do my first road trip as a driver (which I was already dreading,) in bad weather, snow almost the whole time. The normally just over 4 hour trip took almost 6 hours. There was about one hour of it that was particularly bad, I thought I was going to have a total breakdown. But I survived that, so I figure I can now do pretty much anything.  It was a nice relaxing trip. It was fun to cheer on Nathan and Jordan, we swam in a nicely heated pool, and then did a little bit of hiking before we headed home on Sunday. Nice trip, still not convinced it was worth the trauma of driving through the snow.


No comments: