So it seems I have managed to get all the way down to what I weighed when I was a freshman/sophomore in college. I find this pleasantly surprising as I really didn't think such a thing would be possible. And it turns out it took no Herculean effort, simply a long-term, consistent effort. Other than the month of January when I did no sugar, I really haven't "dieted." I simply try to eat healthy with lots of fruits and veggies and not too much processed foods or sweets. I also don't work out 2-3 hours a day. I work out 30-60 minutes 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule. See, anyone can do that, right? I've also reduced my body fat percentage to the very lowest end of the "healthy range." (Though in truth I can still find plenty of fat on myself. I don't posses a six pack or anything remotely close, or anything.) I think mixing things up in my workouts and including strength/toning stuff is really beneficial, as I've read that building muscle helps burn fat better and increases your metabolism. My knees started bothering me a couple of months ago, but after taking it easy for a week or two they seem to be on the mend, I hope. I haven't done any running for a month, and when I did run 2 miles a couple of days ago my knees were hurting after so I think I'll put it off for a while longer. One thing I still cannot do, despite months of working out, is a normal push up. Those I always do on my knees.
So here's to a long, healthy life by choosing a consistent healthy life style!!
No comments:
Post a Comment