Sunday, September 11, 2011

Operas

I just finished up the last of the 3 productions I've been involved in these past couple of months. Friday and Saturday night I performed in two one-act operas, Trial by Jury by Gilbert and Sullivan and Suor Angelica by Puccini. It was fun and challenging. It was nice to sing a real Italian opera with some really talented people, something I won't get a chance to do much in my life, I'm sure. It was just mostly chorus stuff but I did have a few solo lines in Suor. I'm hoping the connections I made in this show will lead to other opportunities with this performing company.

This Saturday I'm auditioning for Christmas Carol at two theaters, though I'm not holding my breath. And should I not get in it will be ok, seeing as how busy life has been. But truth be told, I like being busy and think I'm more productive in general when I'm busy.


Crazy cat lady in Trial by Jury


The Jury





Nuns of Suor Angelica


I'm the short one on the end. :)

No comments: