Friday, May 29, 2009

Weigh-in

It's finally here. I know you've been waiting on pins and needles all week for this post. I lost exactly 1 lb. this week, which puts me 10 1/2 lbs. away from my goal. I would estimate that in total I have lost around 8 lbs. I don't know for sure since I didn't have a scale that first 1 1/2 weeks. I'm glad for steady progress every week, but sometimes 10 lbs. still seems like a lot at this rate. But it will probably be when I step on the scale and it hasn't budged that I quit! =) I also lost close to 1/2" on my waist.

I'm still doing pretty good at everything. My exercise routine suffered a little over the weekend because I was out Saturday night and we were busy all day Monday. And the diet thing always gets a little challenging when you are out to eat or eating at someone else house, but I try to do what I can. I've even added a very little bit of jogging when I'm walking when it's flat or downhill. Though in truth, my ankle doesn't seem to like that very much. Between that and the hills I have to deal with, I figure it is probably a pretty good workout. And the toning workout I do in the evening is pretty tough! Now I just have the problem of what do I do when I have 5 kids at home all day and it's too hot to go outside any way? And despite the fact that this situation is now upon me, I have not yet come up with a solution.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You go girl!! You inspire me! The trick in the summer is to get out early...everyone needs to get out and run anyways so you walk to the park while the kids ride bikes/scotter...the kids get wiggles out, you get your exercise and life is great. Well, at least in theory! :) Proud of you!