Day 1:
On Wednesday morning I randomly decided to start potty training Ryan. He will be 3 next month and it is probably about time. I was hoping it would go pretty easily for two reasons; one, it's supposed to be easier when they are a little older and two, I've had 3 terribly-hard-to-train children so I figured maybe I'm finally due an easy one. I put him in underpants and spent lots of time in the bathroom with him sitting on the toilet. I think he had 6 accidents that day, many just moments after having sat on the toilet for a long time and not going. I was not feeling very optimistic.
Day 2, Thursday:
On Thursday I decided to go totally pantless as I've found this to work better with the other kids. He only had one accident, unfortunately this accident involved poop all over my floor downstairs. I was getting tired of spending all day in the bathroom.
Day 3, Friday:
Still no pants on, but this day he would pretty much go on his own. Any time he needed to go he would do it. It was nice to not spend so much time sitting in the bathroom.
Day 4, Saturday:
Still doing a great job at going on his own when he needs too. He did have one accident but that was more our fault as we didn't take him even though he hadn't gone in a long time and he was absorbed in playing computer. Went poop by himself on the potty, unfortunately he didn't tell us and he didn't get wiped.
Day 5, Sunday:
He woke up this morning with a dry diaper and went to the bathroom. Also woke up from his nap with a dry diaper. Goes on his own like a champ.
Looks like Ryan will indeed be an easy one! I think the first day was just him figuring out what was going on and once he did, he got it quick. There have been a few times when we are going some where for a while and I'll put a pull-up on him and most of the time he has wet in that. I think we are close to a point where I won't even do that, though I hate having to take a young, barely trained kid in public bathrooms.
3 comments:
Cool! I think after our move we're going to seriously start training our little guy. I think he just needs a bit of a push to get it. I have the problem of having an incredibly easy first time and so I'm reluctant to have it be hard this time. Glad it's going well for you guys!
I'm glad that went so well! I despise public bathrooms too. Eliza is starting to hold it longer so we don't have to use as many. Yay! I also think that is great he can go by himself. I have to help Eliza pretty much every step of the way. Maybe someday I won't?
Congrats Ryan! I am still working with Noelle, she goes pee all day long when I remind her. Although she has never pooped in the toilet. I think she is afraid to try. But I am trying to get her trained by her birthday. Wish me luck.
Post a Comment