Thursday, January 8, 2009

Frustrations

1. My usually sweet baby has been extremely fussy lately. And I can't get him into a consistent routine. He'll sleep through the night for a week, and then he'll start waking up 1-2 times a night and scream for an hour or so. Even napping doesn't go so well all the time. Yesterday he only took one nap all day (in the afternoon) and it took him 2 hours to go to sleep. I don't know what to do with him, but I'm tired. He also usually bites me most times I nurse him!

2. I can't find a preschool that has any openings to put Joshua in. Joshua needs to be in preschool for everyone's sanity. Though I don't want to have to pay for it, which I will if I even find one!

3. Having to call "Customer Service." You know the kind where you don't even get to talk to a person for a good ten minutes and it's a voice activated system so your kid screams and it says it didn't understand and you get cut off and have to do it all again and then they say they can't answer your questions because your husband's name is on the account? Yeah, I was pretty much ready to slit my throat after spending most of Monday morning having to make several of these phone calls about a variety of services.

4. Ryan screaming at me when I'm on the phone.

5. The never-ending, impossible task of keeping the house clean and laundry done so we have clothes to wear.

6. I decided to start potty training Ryan and I'm already stressed about the impending frustrations associated with such an act.

7. I'm also stressing in advance about Ward choir. We start this Sunday and I'm worried no one will come and I'm stressed about picking music.

8. I need a Girl's Night Out but I have no friends.

9. I have to listen to a Veggie Tales CD non-stop during the day because Ryan learned how to turn on the CD player.

Do you ever just have those moments in life when you wonder what the point of it all is? Is life really about cleaning, making meals, going to the grocery store, changing diapers, wiping snotty noses, running errands, etc. ? I'm just unsure what I'm supposed to be doing with myself and why I should be doing things.

6 comments:

FoxyJ said...

If we lived there I'd totally go out with you :( Understand the frustrations too--do you feel like Utah has fewer preschool options than the NW? That was my impression between the two, but I wasn't sure if I was wrong or not. Life is frustrating some times and I wish I knew what the point really is either... After watching my parents enjoy our vacation I think part of the point is making sure your kids survive to adult to make you some grandchildren. Then you can enjoy small children and indulge them without having to wipe their bums too often.

Lydia Moon said...

This is just for a time. You are teaching your kids really important things that will carry them through their lives. Don't give up hope. The teenage years are coming! :)

Riley's said...

This too shall pass. Remember when you had the realization that you guys were doing what the Lord had asked and that his promise was sure? Same thing here but always there is a trial of our faith. Motherhood is the toughest that is why our children will call us blessed one day. Mine better or there will be consequences.

Joy said...

I want to go out with you, will travel too! Luv ya!

Amy said...

A lot of your frustrations sound pretty familiar. :) I think the winter blues don't help either. One suggestion for the fussy baby. I was having a lot of stress with Benjamin's sleeping in October/November. I knew he was sleep deprived, but I had no idea what to do about it. Someone suggested a book that was pretty helpful at teaching me some of the principles of sleeping children, and although I have not gotten Benjamin figured out by any means, I think things are going better. Maybe it will be helpful to you too, and is probably available at the library: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, by Marc Weissbluth. It seemed to me to be based on some pretty scientific evidence, and not just someone's opinion. See what you think and good luck! Here is the link on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Sleep-Habits-Happy-Child/dp/0345486455/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231611082&sr=8-1

Tiffany said...

Hey I am totally avoiding potty training Noelle! I know how motherhood can seem overwhelming, I try to remember that I am not cleaning dishes but serving my family.(it doesn't always work!)Wish I was there to hang out with you and avoid the cleaning!:)