Friday, January 9, 2009

Balance

I had a very enjoyable Christmas break, vacationing, visiting with family and not doing much. I think I'm having a hard time adjusting back into a normal routine where I have to be "productive" and do stuff by myself. Yesterday's post was just a well needed venting. So, lest you all think I'm sitting at home wallowing away in misery, which I'm not, here are some good things in my life right now:

1. Jonathan has a job. He found out yesterday that the office he worked at in Portland is officially over and done with. They couldn't even make pay roll. He was so lucky he got out when he did and found a good job.

2. I think I found a preschool for Joshua. I'm still not happy about having to pay for it though.

3. Ryan is so funny singing along to the Veggie Tales CD, especially the Hair Brush song.

4. Our little genius, David, has been selected to be in some special "Math Cluster" group at school. All I know is it is for kids who are ahead in math and they get to go once a week and do fun activities and stuff. It is apparently a very coveted thing.

5. I'm starting a play group/mom's group like we had going in our last ward. If people come and we can get it going with some consistency that will be a very good thing. They've really never done anything like this here I guess (those crazy Utah people,) so we'll see how it goes.

8 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

Venting is good, so you are allowed. ;) That's crazy about Jonathan's old work place. Glad that he is employed. :) And that will be fun to start a play group. Hopefully people will come and you can make some friends. Do you not normally have to pay for preschool in OR?

B.G. Christensen said...

Does the CD have "Barbara Manatee"? Jessie and I can't help singing that whenever we hear the word "manatee." And sometimes when we don't.

Joy said...

I'd take VeggieTales over SpongeBob any day, I can sing along to that.

Julie said...

In OR Josh was just in a preschool I did with other moms. Free is how I like things. But here there's no one to do that with.

I have never heard that Veggie Tales song. Yes, Veggie Tales isn't bad as far as kids music go. Backyardigans is also really good and there are some good Blue's Clues CDs.

B.G. Christensen said...

For your viewing pleasure:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-GPJ1TfQpsQ8/veggie_tales_barbra_manatee/

Julie said...

Thanks a lot! Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day!

Tiffany said...

How blessed you are with a new job! I can't believe the other one is finished. I keep praying Gabe's job will stick around for awhile. How much is the preschool? Spencer needs to go to preschool also but I haven't been on top of the ball yet.

Riley's said...

Gag I am still not happy the job is in Utah. =^) Aren't you glad I am unwavering the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow? LOL