Monday, February 11, 2008

Uncooperative Baby

So today was the big day, the ultrasound. The baby decided to be a bit uncooperative. First off, it decided to be a boy, but I suppose we'll keep him anyway. Second, he didn't want a profile picture taken, all the views seemed to be of him looking face on, but eventually she got a couple. But the most uncooperative thing he did was refuse to turn the right way so she could see the spine like she wanted to. She had me turn over on my left, than right side, trying to get the view she needed, but to no avail. So now I actually have to go back in a couple of days so she can try to get the view she needs to make sure all is well with the spine, so hopefully he cooperates then.

So I guess we will really have a lot of boys now, poor Emily. But hopefully all the boys will be good buddies, like my brothers. I'll admit we're both disappointed (I was really looking forward to using those cute girl clothes again! The boy clothes have kind of been through a lot.) But how can you be too upset about having another cute, hopefully healthy baby?! And it's so nice just to know. I don't like to say "it" or "the baby" all the time, it's much nicer to say "he."


Up at the top you can see his nose and lips.


Cute little feet.


His face looking straight at you.


Profile picture and you can see his arm and hand.


Showing off his acrobatic talent, with his foot right up by his hand.

2 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Congratulations! I seem to remember one of our kids being uncooperative at the ultrasound. I think it was Little Dude and I had to come back for a follow up because we couldn't see his face to check for cleft lip.

Shaela said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting to finally know what you are having.