Thursday, December 6, 2007

Office Christmas Parties

I know this may sound strange, especially since it seems to be the norm that people hate going to those office Christmas parties that they are obligated to attend, but I literally grew up looking forward to when I would be married and my husband would have a nice job and I would get to go to office Christmas parties. This is probably due in large part to the fact that my dad usually had nice Christmas parties that my mom always looked forward to going to because there weren't that many opportunities to go out to a nice place and get dressed up, etc. Unfortunately, we haven't been to many office Christmas parties, (Jonathan hasn't been out of school that long for one.) The two years in CA we went to office Christmas parties that were nice and fancy. But last year, when we moved here, his office had no Christmas party. I was quite appalled. This year they are having one though (I'm not sure how nice and fancy it's supposed to be,) but it of course works out that it is the same night as my concert. So I guess we will just be hitting the end of it after the concert for an hour or so. Oh, the quirks of life.

No comments: