Sunday, October 13, 2013
Origin Story
Just over 7 weeks ago I went to a dance with my friend Jessie. The dance wasn't that great. The space was really small, not a ton of people there, and it was really hot. As I've noted on this blog before, I don't go to dances to meet people, I go because I like to dance. We were there for a bit when I saw this guy walk in with a friend. They went over and met up with a group of other people. I was eyeing him the entire night, trying to position myself nearby to where he was. He seemed quite interested in the group of people he was with and there was one women in particular who was quite interested in him. I thought he did't know I was alive. However, as he tells the story, he was watching me the whole night. As it turns out he had just met those people, who were friends of the friend he came with, and he didn't want to be impolite. After a while I watched him walk out of the dance (remember, it was super hot in there.) Jessie and I danced for a while longer till I suggested we go outside for a few minutes for some fresh air. We walked outside and I saw him out there talking with people, we passed the group by and were standing talking. We hadn't been out there that long when he walked over to us and said, "Hey, I want to meet you girls." ("See," he says. "The minute I had an opportunity to talk with you, I took it." Completely ditching the people he was with for a while.) The 3 of us stood outside and talked for probably 45 minutes or so. After a bit I was thinking to myself, I wonder if Jessie is going to leave to go home so I can be alone with him for a few minutes and maybe he'll ask for my phone number? (Sorry Jessie!! ;) ) She did leave, it was late and she had a longer drive home then I did. We talked for a little bit longer until the friend who was his ride was leaving. At that point he did ask for my phone number and I must say I have never so willingly given a man my number. :) I woke up the next morning to a text from him. The rest, as the say, is history...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So happy for you!
The funny thing is, I was standing there for at least 20 minutes thinking "It's really late and I'm tired and I just want to go home, since this guy is obviously not interested in me" I just wasn't sure how to politely leave, though I guess you guys might not have even noticed :)
What a great beginning!!! Happy for you!
How exciting! So happy for you. :)
Post a Comment