Here's the story of my first date in 15 years. This is a guy I met online. We exchanged some emails then started texting each other and spoke on the phone a couple of times briefly. A couple of Wednesday nights ago he asked me if I wanted to do something after my show. I said yes and then spent the next hour feeling like I was going to throw up. So at 10:30 at night he drove up from West Jordan to meet me at an Ihop that is across the street from the theater, because what else is going to be open that time of night on a Wednesday? (Side note, I must say that I don't find it very fair that for my first date I was wearing just whatever I happened to have worn to the theater that night, stage makeup, and my hair looking not great from wearing a head scarf tightly on my head all night.) We sat there and talked till 1:30 am. It turns out Ihop closes at midnight, but for some reason they didn't kick us out.
First, I did not throw up, I was in fact just fine. We talked about all sorts of stuff, stuff I'm pretty sure all the books say you shouldn't talk about on a first date. It was a nice night, I had a good time. I'm glad to have gotten the first date out of the way and that it was not a terrible experience. I now have a bit of confidence that I can go out on a date with a guy and handle myself well.
I'm sure your dying to know what has happened since with this guy. We've been talking on the phone and texting quite a bit and we're going out again this weekend. It's really hard to find time to go out when you both have kids and busy lives, particularly me. He seems like a genuinely good guy and he makes me laugh. Maybe I'll tell you more about him if I go on any more dates with him. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment