My little kids like to try to tell me how to drive. When to go, when to stop, when to turn. There are two main reasons why they aren't great back seat drivers. First, they don't fully understand all of the traffic laws the way I do. They don't know about right turns on red or 4-way stop signs. Second, from their vantage point in back of the car, (and because they are short,) they don't have the same view that I have, they can't see everything I can see. They don't know that that green light they see is for the turn lane next to me, or that there is a line of cars in front me.
I think we are often like little kids in the back seat of the car trying to tell God how to direct our lives. The reason we're not very good at it is because we don't fully understand all of God's ways, all of his laws the way that he does. And secondly, we have an extremely limited viewpoint in comparison to God seeing all things present before him. I have come to firmly believe that when we get to the end of our lives and look back at the way everything has unfolded we will see that EVERYTHING worked out exactly as it needed to in order for us to get where God wanted us to be. Things will work out! Often not like we think they should, but that is probably a good thing because we don't know what we're doing. Thankfully God knows exactly what he's doing.
"I am convinced that none of us can appreciate how deeply it wounds the loving heart of the Savior of the world when he finds that his people do not feel confident in his care or secure in his hands." Jeffrey R. Holland
We can feel completely confident and secure in the hands of our loving, all knowing Father and in our Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment