Saturday, November 17, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye

It's actually kind of amazing how in a few little words, or in the blink of an eye, your life can change. It's incredibly strange the amount of control we believe we have over our lives, the feeling of invincibility we naturally tend to. Just the words, "I'm leaving," or the test results, "Stage 4," or the knock at your door at 1 am, "I'm sorry to inform you your daughter was killed in a car accident." With a snap of a finger your life is altered forever. Sometimes I feel like this world is too much. Yet, if we will turn to God, he will lift us, guide us, and walk with us. If we are wise, we will remember amid the hard things in life, the innumerable blessings we have been given in the past and continue to experience. We can rise above, we can learn and stretch and grow. We can "with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God."

"God bless us, every one!"

No comments: