Monday, March 19, 2012

I'm the King of the World!

At least, that is how I feel today. (Don't worry, I'm sure it won't last long.) Last night I had my recital/concert thing where I was a soloist. This is the first time I have stood up and sung classical music, as a soloist, in a concert setting. And guess what, I was good! It went really well and I couldn't be more happy. It was such a boost for my morale to be able to stand up and do something like that. To pull it off despite nerves, and despite the pianist playing the one song way to slow. And not just pull it off, but do it well. Also, I was just as good as the other singers there who have degrees in vocal performance and sing for the Opera Chorus and teach private lessons, etc. Take that BYU! I can sing for real, and people like my voice and I can do this! On Friday night I get to sing in a Broadway Variety show and then next month is another concert where I get to sing some really nice Baroque pieces that I sound quite nice on, if I do say so myself.

One other reason I'm feeling great right now is not only did I sound good last night but I looked good while doing it! I have lost over 10lbs. since the beginning of this year and I now weigh less than I ever have since before I got married. It feels so good to be fit and healthy and thin. I'm loving it, and I'm loving the way I looked in the nice black dress I wore. I'll put up a picture in the next couple of days because I need a new head shot anyway, since I'm now noticeably thinner!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Way to go Julie! I'm so happy that you are reaching your dreams!!!

Bridget said...

Way to go Julie! I'm so happy that you are reaching your dreams!!!