Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Success!

January is over and I am happy to announce I accomplished two of my goals! I successfully stayed away from sugary things for the entire month! I passed up treats at activities and outings and at home and I'm quite proud of myself! It was really hard the first couple of weeks, but then my body adjusted and the last two weeks weren't as bad. I have decided to overall keep up on the avoiding sugary foods but not hold myself to zero. I will allow myself the occasional thing for special occasions or when I'm out somewhere, etc. That means I get to have some cake and ice cream for David's birthday this weekend. ;) Keeping this goal also helped me meet my goal of losing 5lbs this month and I'm down to my target weight. Hopefully by continuing to eat healthy and keeping up my workouts I'll be able to continue to trim myself up, though the weight loss slowed the end of the month. If this ankle would ever get better I could do more. (Of course it would probably get better if I did less.) I'm proud of myself for doing something hard that I wanted to do. Now I hope to keep up on the healthy eating for a permanent lifestyle change.

No comments: