We went down to the Ericksons on New Year's Eve to play some games and eat some food (my last night of food revelry.) We left around 11:30, we still had to drive home 45 minutes. Today we took the kids bowling. Josh did particularly well and they all got at least one spare, with Josh and David each getting one strike as well.
Goals:
Loose 5 lbs. this month. To help with that I have to set a goal to abstain from all sugar/sweets for the month of January. I'm two days into it and am kind of regretting that goal. My ankle is making it so I can't work out like I need to, which will make the 5 lbs goal harder. I am trying to do some exercise things that don't involve putting any pressure/using my feet. Like I said before, next week I plan to try to do more. As a reward, when I lose that last 5 lbs. I get to go buy myself new jeans!
A second goal is to work harder on my singing. I need to be much more consistent with my practicing! I also have bough some books on singing technic and music theory that I want to regularly study.
My big goal involves living in and enjoying the present. I have realized that I tend to be too future looking. I'm always looking forward to/planning for/waiting around for some future event. That next audition, that next holiday, that next vacation, etc. etc. etc... The result is that much of my time just slides by unproductively and unappreciated. I want to do better at living in the today instead of waiting for tomorrow. To assist me in this I plan to sit down every night and plan out what I'm going to do for the next day, focus my thoughts just on that day and the things I need to and can do. I'm hoping to find more appreciation for the every day things instead of wishing away my time for some future things.
1 comment:
Those sound like great goals. I need to set some specific goals like that too or else I think I'm going to get to next January and still be 30 pounds overweight.
I really hope your ankle gets better soon--be glad you're not my mom. She had a tendon in her foot break and has to have her entire foot reconstructed, and after the surgery she has to be completely off her feet for six to eight weeks! I think I'd go insane. At least she doesn't have small children at home. Part of the problem is just having flat feet, plus she has a job where she is on her feet all day and she is overweight. Yuck. She does like water aerobics and swimming as exercise without using her feet, but that can be hard to do when you don't have a pool in your backyard.
Post a Comment