Friday, July 22, 2011

Juggling

Wednesday I auditioned for a staged concert version of the Gilbert and Sullivan opera Iolanthe. I was offered the title role! I'm excited as this is my first real role since high school. I auditioned for a different role, which I would have rather had as it was a bigger role and a soprano role, versus a mezzo role, but when I'm offered a main role I'm not going to say no! The trick is this now means I'm involved in three shows at once! Wizard of Oz takes place beginning of August, the two one-act operas I'm singing in the chorus in are taking place beginning of Sept. and Iolanthe is taking place right in the middle in the end of August! It gets particulalry tricky because Jonathan is out of town all next week, plus busy with some presentation stuff at a conference the following week. It doesn't work for both of us to have stuff going on! Maybe this makes up a bit for the 0 for 10 record I had going on until recently! I'm excited for these opportunities and hope they lead to more opportunities in the near future! :)

No comments: