When I was typing my previous post a couple of days ago, I was reminded of a quote I had heard before saying something to the effect that it is our greatness that we fear, not our weaknesses and that is why we don't become great. Well, last night I pulled out my journal (which has not been written in in a very long time because blogging has kind of taken it's place,) because one of the things I am starting is to take a minute at night to write down a positive, happy, or spiritual moment from the day. Kind of a gratitude journal like President Eyring spoke about in a conference talk a while back. Any way, when I pulled out my journal I found in front a handout that contained the quote!!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
(Attributed to Nelson Mandela, but actually published in the book Return to Love by Marianne Williamson.)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing. I like that! And I like the new "look" of your blog. I almost thought I was at the wrong blog! ;)
Post a Comment