Thursday, October 14, 2010

Out of date

Apparently, I am behind the times. I was taught to, and have till this moment, always follow periods and colons with a double space. I was just researching this online, however, and have found that it is now proper and acceptable to have only one space after any kind of punctuation mark, that to do anything else is old fashioned. I'm going to have a hard time putting this into practice as I've spent years typing and have always pushed the space bar twice after a period!

3 comments:

Jared said...

I can't say much about colons, because I'm not much of a user, however, I will never, EVER put just one mere space after a period. I don't care how acceptable it is!!

desiree said...

Amen brotha! Two spaces. Did you see that? I did it again. I could type sentences all night. Just so I can keep hitting the space bar twice after the punctuation mark. I. Love. The. Old. Fashioned. Way. :)

Amy Nielson said...

LOL! That has been acceptable since I graduated from LDSBC 10 years ago! :D Where ya been?!?!? ;)