Sunday, October 24, 2010
Behind the Scenes
Since moving to Utah I have been lucky enough to have some pretty cool performance opportunities. I have sang in the Tabernacle, sang in General Conference, performed in musicals for the first time since high school, and in a week and a half I will be singing Carmina Burana at Capital Theater with Ballet West. One of my favorite things about being a performer over being a spectator is seeing the behind the scenes of how things go on. It was interesting to see the whole process of how a choir prepares for and performes in General Conference, from the exact timing of songs, getting to walk around in the back part of the Conference Center, to talking to the security guy who was sitting right in front of us about how things for Conference work. Yesterday afternoon I got to go into an alley and go in the side door of the Capital Theater, up to the third floor to where Ballet West has rehearsals, etc. and sit in a small, enclosed room while a full orchestra played away. That's a pretty cool experience, though I'm glad I wasn't sitting right next to the timpani. ;) And the rehearsal process for a play is where some of the funnest, best memories are made. I love being back stage, being in the green room or dressing room, changing costumes, changing set pieces, etc. It's great to be a part of all the pieces that come together to make a show what it is, the things that no one in the audience really even knows about. I hope to have many more great experiences such as performing in other theaters, maybe going on a choir tour to Europe and, most of all, making many more wonderful friends!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment