Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's December!


We put up our Christmas decorations this last weekend. We always get a fresh tree. I always had fresh trees growing up and I love going to pick one out and the way it makes the house smell, plus it looks better. However, it is always a big ordeal to get the tree into the stand, standing up straight. I even bought a new stand because Jonathan complained the other one was not good enough, but because this one was new it was super hard to screw the screws in to hold the tree, plus it's made for a really big tree. Next year we know we can go for a tree a foot taller. Jonathan wants a fake tree because of the inconvenience of the whole ordeal. I say no way! Love my fresh tree!! As you can tell the decorations are pretty top heavy. Benjamin likes to un-decorate the tree so most of them are up high. I realized as I was getting stuff set up that this is the year that Benjamin will be a pain. Last year he was too little to really mess with much and next year he'll be old enough to not bother things quite as much. I was considering wrapping some of the presents from us and putting them under the tree until I realized Benjamin would simply unwrap them!

I love having Christmas decorations up in the house. This year I was excited to get them out because I had got some stuff last year after Christmas for 90% off. Like this cute set of 3 little trees that where normally $100 that I got for $10.

I also got out all the Christmas CD's and listen to them all the time. I love this time of year!! Except that it is supposed to snow all week next week and it's my turn to pick up kindergartners which means driving in it. Boooo!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your tree and decorations look great. I bet it was fun decorating your new house for the first time. We just got our tree last night and I am loving the smell of it. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Amy Nielson said...

I agree about the real tree. Much better than those fake ones. :)