It all started two weeks ago today. Ryan spent Friday throwing up all day. He mostly managed to get it in the toilet so it wasn't too terrible. However, the next day, Saturday, was my neice's baptism. So Jonathan took the 3 older kids to the special event followed by time visiting and eating yummy food back at their house, while I sat home with the 2 little kids. Not cool to miss out on that. Sunday night Benjamin threw up twice in his bed, but nothing the next day. I spent Monday cleaning out and washing bedding.
Tuesday of last week is when things really started to go down hill. Late afternoon/evening Emily and David start in on flu symptoms of fever, aches, cough, etc. and I had a tickle of a cough and a feeling I might be getting sick. I didn't start feeling too bad till Thursday and it got worse Friday. Thursday afternoon when I picked Josh up from school he said he had a headache so I knew he was starting. Friday evening when Jonathan got home from work I went to the urgent care because I thought in addition to the flu I had strep setting in (swollen tonsils being the big key.) Sure enough I had strep. They went ahead and decided to test me for flu too and I tested positive for influenza A (aka Swine Flu.) They gave me an antibiotic for the strep and a prescription for Tamiflu for Jonathan in the hopes of keeping him from getting too sick, since at the time he was the only one who didn't have it. The worst part of all of this? Here is what we had planned for Saturday: Morning at the Pumpkin Patch, lunch at Chuck E. Cheese for Joshua's birthday (which was that day,) and then my first choir concert was that evening. Missing my first concert was of course the most disappointment part of the whole thing!!! =( Also, Sunday the ward choir was supposed to be singing, but a sick director meant no choir singing.
By Saturday Emily and David where pretty much feeling better, but the doctor said not to go out if there was still a cough and it took several more days for that to go away. It took Joshua longer to feel better and it wasn't till about Wednesday he was feeling better. So on Wednesday evening we finally had cake and presents for his birthday. It has also taken me a long time to be feeling better. I'm close to feeling normal, but not quite there as I'm still having headaches and feeling tired and lacking energy. Jonathan has gotten a mild case of it and missed the last few days of work (don't want to be spreading that around.) Emily went back to school Wednesday after missing a full week, David on Thrusday after missing a week and a day and Joshua went back today after missing a full week. Benjamin started in on the respitory flu symptoms around Wednesday and has been pretty miserable the last few days. I took him to the doctor to see if there were any ear infections, etc., but there weren't. And then yesterday Ryan started not feeling very well and has had a fever last night. So, so much for any plans we might have had for this weekend too! Needless to say I'm sick of sickness and sick of sitting around in the house missing out on fun things we could have been doing. Hopefully by next week all will be well in the Kland household!
3 comments:
Not fun! Sophie's been out of school this entire week with flu too and it has been crappy for all of us. Hope you all get better soon and that this is the last time for this winter.
That sounds like the worst two weeks of your life! It seems like you get strep every year:( Abbey missed three days last week because of sickness. She might of had the swine flu but never visited the doctor. I am hoping we don't get anything with throwup! I hope your family starts feeling better, and I am sad to hear you had to miss your 1st concert. Best wishes:)
Oh YUCK! You deserve an award. I hope everyone is better soon. Hopefully you've had your turn for the winter and can be healthy for a while now.
Post a Comment