Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cast

Yesterday I took Emily up to Primary Children's to get a cast put on her wrist. It luckily didn't take as long as I thought it would. They took an x-ray and then put on a bright pink (her choice,) cast. The doctor showed me the x-ray but I truthfully couldn't see anything at all, on either view. For all I know the whole thing is a scam. He said it is what they call a buckle fracture and while it is near her growth plate, it does not involve her growth plate. My first thought was, "Then why am I up here?" Just a nice little fracture that will heal easily. She will only have to have the cast on for 3 weeks. It's too bad it's cold weather because long sleeves are presenting a slight problem getting her shirt on and off. Now we have the task of keeping the cast dry, and I don't own a blow dryer with a cool setting in case it does get wet. Hopefully I can avoid having to buy one. She's very excited about having people sign her cast and brought a Sharpie to school just for this purpose. David was the first to sign the cast this morning.

No comments: