
I am done with trying to lose weight. A while ago I decided I would keep going at it until it was time to leave for New York, and since I'm completely satisfied, I'm done. In the past 4 1/2 months I have lost over 20 lbs., 5 inches off my waist and 4 inches off my hips/behind and gone down 2+ clothing sizes. Since reaching my original goal and deciding to go for another 5 lbs., I managed to lose 3 1/2. Not quite 5, but like I said, I'm quite satisfied. And who knows, maybe that last 1 1/2 lbs. will end up coming off? I am now down to about where I was when I got married. Wearing the same clothing size too. However, I don't quite look exactly like I did when I got married. Being pregnant (very big pregnant,) 5 times and nursing 5 babies has left me saggy, baggy and stretched out in some ways that I don't think any amount of working out can remedy. Only surgery would do me good in that area and that is not something I'm likely to ever do, so I'll just have to live with it.
I'm curious to see how hard it is to maintain my weight. I plan to keep doing the same thing basically, just not quite as strictly. I hope a little bit of lienency won't be a problem. I've found I actually like exercising and so I don't mind the idea of keeping it up, and of course eating better is a good thing to continue to do also. =)
People keep asking me how I have done it. Nothing special really. I have been eating less and eating healthier by eating more fruit and veggies and cutting out junk food and sweets. All I drink is water. I have tried to workout 5-6 days a week for an hour to an hour and half and I do a combination of cardio and toning/strength training. I have consistently done those things together for the long haul and amazingly enough it worked, actually even better than I anticipated. To do something that took such strict will power over an extended period of time is not something that I find easy to do. I am really, really proud of myself.

8 comments:
You should be proud of yourself--to have that willpower over such an extended period of time is a feat, and you really are looking great.
Some of the saggy baggy-ness will begin to repair itself as you maintain weight. Some of it you do need to just deal with, but you might notice changes over the next year.
Great job!
I think you look great! I am feeling inspired to do something next year after I have this baby. Of course, maybe I could just get started now too :)
You look great, and by the way I don't think the sagginess ever goes away, at least not for me. I guess that's why they invented girdles:) LOL
GOOD JOB!!! That is a great accomplishment. I am envious of your self-discipline and will power. Way to go! :)
JULIE!! WTG! That is so awesome! You look so great! What an accomplishment for you! Keep it up! :)
Julie, You look GREAT!!!! Awesome job. You are inspiring. Have fun in NY. You deserve it.
I agree with all the rest. You look great. But of course you did before too. I think it is the willpower and confidence you gain that is the most valuable part of a health program...and looking great is good too.
Post a Comment