Saturday, June 6, 2009

Audition

I just got back from an audition for Evita. There is a community theater close here in Centerville. I originally was not going to audition. Plays are a big time commitment and I plan to join a choir this upcoming fall, but on Thursday I just randomly decided to go and do it, just to see what happened. I have not been in a play since high school! I've always missed it and always wanted to get back into it, but I figured my odds weren't real great since I don't have any recent experience. But I figured you got to start somewhere and it would be a good idea to get an audition or two under my belt, so I wasn't really counting on making it and part of me didn't even want to. However, as I prepared for the audition and listened to Evita (such great music, Madonna does an AMAZING job,) I got more and more excited and I really want to be in the show! Bad, I know, setting myself up for disappointment.

I decided to sing "Whatever Lola Wants" (you'd be so proud, Sarah.) It actually went quite well. When I finished one of the director people said, "How come we're not doing that show. That's a great show." That's a good sign, right? I was a little nervous and could hear it a little in my voice, but overall I was pleased with how it went and you can't ask more than that. I have been asked to come back on Monday evening for dancing! I'm not a trained a dancer, so I hope it goes ok. I'm most worried about how my ankle will handle it! There didn't seem to be a huge number of people auditioning, so hopefully that increases my odds. =)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome! And I would have loved to see you sing the Lola song :) I'm sure you'll do great on Monday...hooray for you for trying out!!!

Heidi said...

Wow, cool. Good luck. If you make it, I'm coming to see!