Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Child Analysis
Here's a run down of my kids at the current moment.
Benjamin is growing up way too fast. He his now 10 months old. He has at least 6 teeth and he likes to bite and grab and pinch. He has finally learned how to go both up and down the stairs, though sometimes he still will sit at the top of the stairs and squawk until someone comes and gets him. I think he is probably close to walking. He will stand on his own sometimes for a second or two and he has occasionally taken a step. I want him walking by next month when we go camping so he's not crawling around in the dirt. He just learned to wave bye-bye. I still can't get him to sleep past 5 or 6, I need to work on that. He is also sometimes being a stinker about naps and will scream instead of sleep.
Ryan, he was the best of childs, he was the worst of childs. This kid just has so much personality that he is sometimes the funnest thing ever or the biggest pain. He is super outgoing and friendly and quickly becomes best buddies with everyone. He has learned to play the computer and likes to spend all his time on it. When he doesn't get what he wants he likes to hit you. He doesn't eat much. He is an amazingly advanced talker and it seems especially weird to other people because he is so little. I have yet to start potty training him. Ryan likes to go outside and find potatoe bugs. When he wants something he will pester you unceasingly until he gets it.
Joshua has developed quite a temper and will have a melt down at the slightest provocation. He also has the need to express his emotions physically, though he usually doesn't act out against people but against objects. He'll kick walls, push over tables, throw pillows off couches, crumple up paper and rip it. I actually find it hard not laugh when he is taking out his frustrations on an unsuspecting piece of paper. I think Josh might be lactose intolerant. He was always complaining about his stomach hurting. So last week I took him off dairy and I didn't hear any complaints. But he won't even use the soy milk in his cereal, and he loves cheese, so I need to figure out the best way to deal with this situation. He is excited to start kindergarten and I think he too will be a good reader as he likes to sit down and read the books the other kids made in kindergarten, he does quite well at it.
David can be the most stubborn person ever! When he is in a certain mood he will choose drastic consequences rather than do what he has been asked to do. It's very frustrating as I find myself having to quickly escalate my responses and threats in an effort to get him to obey and even that usually fails. David is a good student and will quickly do his homework and reading so he can go do other things. He likes to collect bugs with his friend from next door. He still eats nothing and I just don't know what to do about it.
Emily sometimes has serious attention issues. There are times when that child can just not sit still and accomplish what needs to be dones, whether that be homework, setting the table or eating dinner. Emily just started piano lessons and loves it, and will sometimes be practicing piano when she is supposed to be doing something else. Emily is usually a big help with Benjamin and around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So the real questions are... which personality traits did YOU "bless" them with? And what can you blame on Jonathan?
Ha! I loved hearing that little synopsis on them. It'll be fun camping next month... SO can't wait!
So cute...typical lil angels ;) Standing there smiling they can't possibly be so much trouble. Your kids make me smile, my kids drive me crazy.
Post a Comment