Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Isn't it ironic?

Last night at family night Jonathan decided to institute a new family rule, "No yelling in the house." This rule of course goes for everyone, even parents. (Though I have to admit we've tried on several occasions to institute such a rule.) We even did role plays of right and wrong ways to respond in situations.

Not two minutes later as we were trying to get kids in bed we had one of the screamingest bed times ever!! Joshua is crying because he can't have a cookie and I'm yelling at him to get in bed. Ryan is throwing a HUGE tantrum (par for the course these days,) and Jonathan is yelling at him to be quiet, and to top it off the baby is screaming. As I listened to the hysterics upstairs I couldn't help but laugh, it was just too ironic!

3 comments:

FoxyJ said...

We just had the same rule instituted at FHE last night and I was sorely tested today by the kids. I've been known more than once to yell "stop yelling and calm down". So ironic.

Marsh Family said...

Happens to us all the time. I guess we all "fall off the wagon" sometimes. It does get comical :)

Anonymous said...

I had this super fun FHE planned and all the kids did was goof off and ignore me and it ended up with me yelling and grumpy :) Go figure. I did refrain from taking away the treat though...go me!