Thursday, March 5, 2009

Doctors visits

I'm finally over strep, thankfully, though it took an awful long time! But my ankle has really been bothering me again. So I went into a foot/ankle person and they said the problem is a stretched ligament and it needs to be immobilized so it has time to heal. So after 3 trips there they finally got a boot small enough for my foot. So I'll be walking around in a boot for 2 weeks and then go back to see, he said something about physical therapy after that.

Then today Ryan found a very small, round green bead something or other and decided for some unknown reason to stick it up his nose. I tried to have him blow it out to no avail and when I tried to use tweezers he threw a fit. So since we were heading to the doctor AGAIN to try and pick up the right sized boot we first made a visit to the pediatrician, which is right across the hall, so they could get the thing out of his nose. It took me and a nurse both to hold him down and he was not happy, but they got it out. Those have been our adventures over the last few days.

5 comments:

FoxyJ said...

Aw man! I hope the boot helps your foot get better. S-Boogie stuck a bead up her nose once, and it happened to be in the evening after the doctor's office was closed. So we spent an hour waiting in urgent care only to have the doctor tell me to plug her other nostril and then breathe hard into her mouth to pop it out. Not something I would have thought of on my own--and not that it does you any good now. He might not have cooperated either (she was about 3 1/2). Thank goodness you didn't have to make an extra trip for the bead in the nose!

Riley's said...

The boot will be amazing wear it always and do the physical therapy. When I sprained my ankle so bad I was in a splint/ for 10 days on crutches and then for 10 weeks during the summer I was in a walking cast. Then we did physical therapy and that ankle is stronger then the other one! Do what the dr. says. I found a cute picture of Ryan with Taylor when he was just a baby. Taylor was giving him kisses and he was sticking his tongue out. It was so cute!

desiree said...

Oh my gosh, I was just telling my boys a few hours ago that I used to stick things up my nose as a little girl! I feel sorry for you.. hopefully he won't try it again, or you're in for an interesting life adventure with that one! ;)

Marsh Family said...

I'm not sure this obsession you have with going to the Dr. is healthy. Perhaps you should find a better pasttime ;)

Tiffany said...

Good thing the ped. was right next door. I am also getting tired of the doctor's office. I took Abigail three times to the doctor last month. She is finally feeling better after upping her dose of antibiotics. I hope your ankle continues to heal.