Monday, February 23, 2009

February stinks

February has been a lousy month for me. First week there was that traumatic finger incident. Second week was the badly sprained ankle that I am just now starting to get around on close to normally. Now to top it off Jonathan and I both have strep throat! So since Saturday we have both been feeling terrible and finally went to the doctor today. Our house is a wreck, the kids are having to fend for themselves. I think I'm sicker with it than Jonathan. I have a track record with strep, lots as a little child and this makes 3 times in just over the last 3 years. My tonsils are so swollen I feel like I'm choking on them. I haven't slept in two nights and I pretty much just wish I could die. The only redeeming thing is that now that we're on antibiotics we'll hopefully be starting to feel better by tomorrow evening or so.

5 comments:

Riley's said...

I am sorry I wish I was closer and your visiting teacher! Call her and get her to bring you dinner!

Joy said...

That is a BUMMER! I've had strep and it is no fun. Hopefully you won't be allergic to the antibiotics and break out in hives, as I did. Get well :)

FoxyJ said...

Man! I hope March is better. I had my tonsils out when I was 10 because they were swollen for something like six months straight. It wasn't a fun operation, but I guess it was worth it in the end.

Tiffany said...

I hear ya, Gabe and Abbey both had strep throat about 1 1/2 weeks ago. And I had a bad head cold last week and now toay Spencer and Noelle both have fevers and running noses. Will it ever end? I am looking forward to spring! I hope you and Jonathon start feeling better.

desiree said...

That sucks. There is nothing good about being sick, especially when it's paired with other crap in the month!

Oh, and I prefer Gabe's playlist because he took it from a compilation of stuff we listen to on our computer playlist. :)