Apparently this ward is quick on the draw and we both received callings today. Jonathan was called as the priest quorum adviser (working with 16-18 year old boys.) I purposely moved to get him out of Young Mens! Figures! In my book, the only thing more time consuming is Bishop.
I was asked to be the ward choir director. I'm actually quite excited. I've always had kind of a love/hate relationship with the idea of being choir director, but it's been long enough that I think I'm ready to give it a whirl again. For me there are only really 2 hard things about it. The worst is getting people to consistently come to choir! Second is picking music. But, like I said, I'm excited and have been looking through my stuff and scheming. If anyone (SARAH,) has ideas or advice, I'll take it. Oh, and Sarah, or anyone else, do you happen to have a copy of the hymn Take Time to Be Holy (traditional Irish melody?) My copy has notes cut off at the bottom and I love that song.
1 comment:
I think your calling is a perfect fit. And yes, your ward was very fast on that one.
Post a Comment