Friday, October 31, 2008

Pros and Cons

We had the home inspection of our UT house yesterday. There are of course some minor things we'll need to fix, but over all, things seem good.

For the record (mostly just my record,) here are the things I'm most glad we got in our new house and the things that we didn't get that I wish we had.

Pros:
*Updated and move-in ready house*
Master bathroom
Attached 2 car garage
Relatively short commute for Jonathan
Good sized yard
Nice, established neighborhood
Laundry ROOM (not closet) on the first floor instead of in the basement
LOTS of storage space
Walking distance (right next door) to church

Cons:
Would have liked 5 bedrooms
Preferred a one-level ranch with a basement, less stairs
More open floor plan would have been nice
Not walking distance to the elementary school
Was dreaming of double sinks in the bathrooms

Of course, unless you have unlimited financial resources you're never going to get everything you want. I have to admit though, that I am pleasantly surprised with how much we did get that we wanted this time around. Did I mention the house is updated and mostly move-in ready?!

2 comments:

Meli said...

You will love, love, love your master bath. Once you have one you can never go back.

Amy Nielson said...

I dream of double sinks in the bathroom too! Actually I dream of fitting 2 people in a master bathroom (besides myself & Jacob)! :)