Friday, October 24, 2008

Mornings

I am not a morning person! I like to sleep. I like my bed. I do not like my children very much in the mornings. They don't wake up slowly and low key like normal people do. They wake up loud and arguing and demanding. It's been especially hard with Jonathan being gone and having to do mornings all by myself My mornings begin with Ryan waking everyone up with yelling from his crib for someone to come get him out. (I've taught the kids how to lower the side of the crib so they can get him out.) Ryan then spends a large portion of the rest of the morning screaming and crying over a toy he can't find or that Joshua took for him. David often won't wake up early enough and I'm fighting with him to get him up and going in a rush. Inevitably David and/or Joshua will break down in tears over something, usually about absolutely nothing! Emily, however, is usually a big help in the morning. She will get all the kids breakfast and if she has enough time she likes to make at least part of her lunch by herself. I know if I was a good, on-top-of-it mother I would wake up BEFORE my kids and shower and get ready, blah, blah, blah, so that I'm nice and awake and ready to face them when they wake up. Maybe if I was sleeping better it would be easier. (Or if I wasn't always pregnant or waking up with a baby.) Maybe some day I'll try it and see how it works. If I ever do, I'll let you know how it goes and how long it lasts, (my prediction is 3 days.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I HEAR YA!!!! I am also NOT a morning person - I wake up as late as possible, put in contacts, do the girls hair, throw on some clothes, yell at everyone to get ready to leave, grab the bagel Jon made me for breakfast to eat in the car and we're off...I would certainly have a HARD time without him in the mornings!!!! Hang in there!!!

Tiffany said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am not a morning person either. Gabe wants me to start waking up to make a "hot" breakfast. I keep telling him I'm not sure it will work. But he wants me to try once we run out of cold cereal. Wish me luck and I will wish you luck.