Monday, October 27, 2008

Bill Cosby

If any of you have not seen the video "Bill Cosby, Himself" you should go find it and watch it. It's Cosby doing stand-up and it's very funny, especially the second half which is about parenthood. That part is hilarious! There's one thing he talks about that I am relating to especially well lately. He talks about two of his children fighting because the younger sibling has taken something of the older sibling. Cosby demands that the older sibling let the younger sibling have it because, "Parents are not interested in justice, they are interested in quiet!"

Ryan has recently laid claim to some Star Wars figures and little Storm Trooper Legos that Joshua got for his birthday. I have to admit that when Ryan starts screaming and crying because Joshua has taken them from Ryan and he wants them and says they are his, I almost always will make Joshua give them to Ryan because I don't want to hear Ryan screaming. Maybe it's the right choice anyway, I should teach Josh to share, right?

As Cosby tells the older child, "Stop whining about it. You think you're alone in this? She's got stuff of mine too!"

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I can totaly relate. I just want quiet too. Life is not fair and kids need to learn that quickly (;

Rachel Burton said...

Is that the one where he talks about people who go out and get drunk and miserable because "they deserve this?" If so, it's a hysterical video!