Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Garden Update



Apparently gardens seem to grow pretty well here. We enjoyed lettuce and radishes, though they are all gone now, lots of cucumbers and still more coming, a few carrots, peas still coming, green beans about at an end, strawberries, tomatoes are starting to turn red. The pumpkin plant took over months ago and there a couple of pumpkins already pretty orange. There are some watermelon and cantaloupe I'll be sorry to miss. The one tomato plant also way over grew it's cage and completely over shadowed the green pepper plant that never seemed to grow too well. It's been fun to enjoy the bounty from the garden and I'm sad about some of the stuff we'll miss.

3 comments:

Shaela said...

Hey Julie. I haven't been able to check in for a while. Wow. Love the garden. Congrats on a the new job. Sounds cool. What is with you moving with new babies? I don't envy you having your house on the market right now. At least you have two new beautiful bathrooms and carpet ( they look great!). That will help it sell fast. Another good note is that Utah has basements ( awesome for families). Hang in there.

Rebecca said...

What? The movers won't help move the garden too. Slackers.

Emma Crowther said...

That garden looks great. How wonderful to go out into the back yard and get your veggies.