
Yesterday was the first day of school. Emily is in 3rd grade and her teacher is Ms. Knox again. At this school they do what is called "looping" and they keep the classes and teacher the same for 2nd and 3rd grade and then for 4th and 5th. David is in Mrs. Thompson's class and I think there are only a few friends from his class last year in his class this year. I was very glad to have the kids back in school. The summer went by incredibly fast, though. That is probably because we were literally crazy busy until one week before school started. It's also nice not to have a kindergartner this year, as much as it would be nice to have Josh in school. I have all day to do stuff instead of only until 11:20. My poor kids are kind of deprived, though I don't think they really know it, because I didn't buy any new school stuff at all except a lunch box. I didn't even buy any of the requested school supplies because we will be leaving in a few weeks and they are all shared school supplies. I did buy them a few new pairs of pants because they both put holes in the knees of all their pants. That is it for new school clothes though. I'll have to buy a bunch of winter stuff soon since we get the joy of living in a cold climate. Now I just hoped that they won't be too traumatized when we change schools a couple of times before finally getting settled in UT, whenever that may be.
1 comment:
I understand it must be so hard for the kids, but they will adjust quickly. My kids adjusted fairly quickly when we moved. I am still adjusting though.
Post a Comment