Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby Update


My little baby ticker says there are 4 days left till my due date. Here is the update of what's going on from my doctor's appointment today: pretty much nothing is happening! I'm about 1 centimeter dilated, but his head is still quite high and I'm not really thinned out or anything. So there was no progress from last week to this week. I'm measuring almost 40 centimeters. I did loose 1 lb., which is good, since I gained 3 last week. So it's good to know most likely the baby is content to stay put for another week. Hopefully there is at least a little more going on at my next appointment. My next appointment is on Monday and at that point we'll hopefully set a day to induce at the end of the week.

I finally got the baby clothes out and washed. It took lots of moving every body's clothes around into different drawers to get the baby clothes into the changing table, instead of the dresser in a completely different room. It's an adventure to fit 5 kids' clothes in 2 dressers. But we couldn't fit another dresser somewhere, even if we had one. I also went to the store to buy things I need like diapers, lotion, etc. But the baby still has no place to sleep, or a car seat, etc. I figure I still have time to get that stuff out and set up. That is one of the projects for this weekend.

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

Do you usually have to be induced?

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with our dressers. Instead of buying a new dresser we bought hangers and hung up all of the shirts, it helped alot. Good luck!