Friday, May 9, 2008

Confession #2

I have a favorite child. Now before you judge me too harshly, in my defense I must say that who my favorite child is changes, and that at one point all of my children have been my favorite child, that is until they are supplanted by the next child. You see, I love babies. I think there is nothing in the world better than a new born baby (too bad that part only lasts about 2 months.) I realize it is hard to take care of a baby, lack of sleep, demand lots of time, etc. but they are so sweet and innocent and I think all the time they demand forms a special bond. The bottom line truly is I find babies easier to get along with than toddler and up. There are no power struggles with babies, babies don't disobey or back talk or call you "mean mommy." They can't be held responsible for what they do, they don't know any better. (Apparently the age of accountability for me starts way before 8.) One more confession, I'm feeling sad Ryan will no longer be my baby.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I know what you mean, I keep calling Noelle my baby. The other day I saw a newborn in the hall at church and realized she is no longer a baby.