Saturday, May 10, 2008

At Hollywood Video

So apparently I can post to this blog also, so here's my first post. I had a humorous thing happen Friday night while Julie was away at a RS women’s retreat for the weekend. We were at Hollywood Video getting a movie for ‘Movie Night’ when Emily loudly says "Sex. Sex is a bad word." She saw the video ‘Sex and the City’ and was reading the first word. Before I could come up with a response David asks her, "Emily, what does sex mean?" Emily said, "Well, it’s…I don’t know. Ask daddy." So David loudly asks me, "Daddy what does sex mean?" It's moments like this when the entire room seems to go silent. I think all the people in the store were as curious to hear my answer as the kids were. My answer was the easy way out by pretending I didn’t hear them and said, "Let’s pay for the movie."

3 comments:

Shaela said...

Good answer Dad.

Amy Nielson said...

HILARIOUS!!! Kids are so funny! I don't know what I would have done.

Amy Nielson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.