Monday, December 3, 2007

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum....



On Saturday we went and got our Christmas tree (no fake trees allowed in this house!) and put up all the Christmas decorations. This was actually probably our best Christmas tree experience in our marriage. We only went to one store (instead of multiple places because they are too expensive, too muddy, no help, etc., ) and it took us less than 5 minutes to get the tree standing straight up in the stand. One year, I kid you not, it took us 2 hours, but Jonathan doesn't like it when I tell that story, as it was all his fault. =) Now hopefully it doesn't fall over in the middle of some night as it did last year. Ryan of course made fast work of the ornaments within arms reach. His favorite are the glass balls, and he takes the tops off and puts them in his mouth, loses the hooks, etc. So they have all been relegated to the top half of the tree. I also realized I probably won't be able to put any presents under the tree without the high risk of them being swiftly ripped open. Last year was so much better when he couldn't stand up or walk. But I love Christmas and the living room looks very festive and my house smells so good!

1 comment:

Shaela said...

Cute house! I miss having a real tree. We gave in and went fake last year..... it just isn't the same. I miss the variety and the sweet smell but not the mess.