Saturday, October 20, 2007

Weekend Getaway




This weekend Jonathan and I went up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood on Friday night over into Saturday. And I kept the whole thing a surprise from Jonathan also, which was fun. My good friend, who we regularly switch kids with so we can go on a date monthly, decided to do a swap allowing us to get away over night. We had a gift card for the lodge that a friend gave me when they moved back to Idaho because they had never gotten around to using it. So I got the most expensive room, which I would normally never had done! It was the "Fireplace Room", with a wood burning fireplace, king size bed, etc. It was a nice room. It is a beautiful lodge with cool lobby's in the middle with huge round fireplaces going all the way up to the ceiling. They also have a heated pool and hot tub that is open year round, so we even went out in the ice and snow to soak in the hot tub Friday night. We had a very nice time. It was a nice getaway, I think we have only been away overnight 3 or 4 time since having kids. Though truthfully, I think it's way to pricey and had we not had the gift card we probably never would have gone there.

No comments: