Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to me

So today is my birthday. I am 29. I can't believe I am almost 30 years old! I'm almost old. At least I'm not old yet, like my old man husband who is going to be 33 this year! It's strange that I keep getting older, and that I'm now starting to be older than quite a few of my friends at church. (That and I'm winning the number of kid competition too with almost everyone I know!) I think I still feel like I'm 25. So it must be true what you hear, that inside you always feel young. Maybe the youngness feeling comes from still feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing. Although I suppose, in fact, that recognition of not knowing everything is more a sign of being older because the younger we are the more we think we know. So there are my thoughts on what it feels like to almost be old. (No offense to people who are already old =)

2 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

Happy birthday! I will always be younger than you, and therefore I will always know more. :)

Heidi said...

Happy BDay! You only appear to be old because you have so many kids. If you had only one kid, everyone would think you were still just 21, which can be equally disorienting, trust me.