On Thursday, January 23rd, in the afternoon these flowers were delivered to my house with a card that was the start of a little scavenger hunt. It had to be on the 23rd you see, because we met on August 23rd, that's the day we count from, so we've been dating 5 months now. Also, it's kind of a tropical flower arrangement because we plan to spend our honeymoon in Hawaii! :)
He sent me to a few places around Bountiful and at each place I got a card with wonderful, sweet things about how he feels about me and why he loves me, and then sending me on to the next place. I ended up at North Canyon Park up above my house where he was waiting for me. We had our third date here. We sat here and had an important talk and decided we were going to seriously date each other and see where it would go. I joke that this was the date where we decided that we were going to fall in love and live happily ever after. He sang me one of our songs, we have quite a few, and proposed to me. Even though we were both freezing sitting outside in the cold and snow, (and he hates the cold,) it was so wonderful! I'm totally in love with my ring! :) And with Curtis, of course... ;)
I had rehearsal that night for choir, so unfortunately after my wonderful proposal I had to head off for that. But we celebrated all weekend. :) On Friday night we went out to a nice dinner at the Market Street Grill and then to the opera at Capitol Theater, we saw La Traviata and it was quite good, particularly Violetta. We then got to spend all Saturday together. We went to the temple in the morning, ran a few errands, saw Saving Mr. Banks, and just enjoyed being with each other all day. It's so nice on our non-kid weekends to be together all the time.
We are hoping to be married in the Bountiful Temple on May 23rd, but that will depend on if we can get all the temple clearance stuff worked out. We'll see how things go...
I'm so happy!! Sometimes it feels surreal. But he is wonderful, he is wonderful to me, he is wonderful for me. We have developed a wonderful relationship. I trust him, love him, want to be with him always, know that we will both work hard to continue to keep this a great relationship. He's my best friend. I know we'll be happy together. I'm beyond grateful for the wonderful blessing from God that Curtis is in my life, that this relationship is in our lives. I can't begin to imagine why I have been so blessed to find, so quickly, everything I always thought a great relationship was but, for a while, believed didn't even actually exist in reality. And I trust that it will last. God is great!! True love is great!! Being happy is great!!




4 comments:
I am SO happy for you!
-Bridget
Congratulations Julie! That is so exciting. I've been checking in now and then to see how things have been going for you. So glad to read happy news.
Congratulations Julie!! I'm also so happy for you and wish you best! So glad to see you beaming from happiness.
Congratulations Julie!
Post a Comment