Two thoughts I wanted to record from today.
In a talk in sacrament meeting today there was a quote about how when Christ was on the cross and crying out to his Father that God maybe hid himself in some far corner of the universe in his sorrow at the suffering of his son, sorrow that he could not step forward and remove because it would have destroyed the hopes and future of all of his children for eternity. I think it is the same with our own suffering. We may sometimes wonder why God does not step in and save us from our suffering, but the truth is that in many cases, doing so what frustrate the plan he has for us. There are things that we need to experience in order to become the people we need to become and he is actually being infinitely more loving and merciful by not stepping in and taking our pain away. And I can't imagine how difficult it must be for God to watch his children suffer and know that he can't stop it, but must allow us to go through it so we can become like him.
This afternoon Emily was watching a video she got from the Pioneer Trek she went on this summer. It was surprisingly touching to watch. There was one part in particular, each Ma was pulling the hand cart all alone with the Pa sitting on all of the stuff. The woman would struggle and get as far as she could, and at the point where she could go no further the girls in the family (only the girls) would run to her and help her get the cart up the hill. They ran, as soon as they were allowed too, for they were made to sit and watch their Ma struggle. They rushed to her assistance. There are so many people, on both side of the veil, that mourn with us as we struggle and who rush to do all they can to help us with our load.
I'm doing well. I'm very happy. I've met someone really great who happens to think I'm beyond super great, we'll see what happens. :)
1 comment:
I have a hard time seeing my own children struggle through life and sometimes knowing that there is nothing I can do, except love and comfort them. It must be very difficult for a loving Heavenly Father to watch all of the pain in sorrow of the world.
On a brighter note, I very happy you met someone! I'll keep reading your blog to find out what happens;)
Post a Comment