This morning, this is how I was feeling. This is a great arrangement of a great song, got to love it! Listening to it over and over helps me feel good! A little mind of matter.
I have discovered in the last several months that emotions are fleeting. The trick is to let them be and then let them go. This also means that things like love, happiness and peace are not emotions. They are choices. They are actions. The same goes for anger and related negative states of being. Feelings and emotions of love, happiness, sadness, anger, etc. will come and go, moving us up and down like the waves on the ocean. But through our choices and actions we decide our overall state of being. Ride with the waves as they come, don't fight them or you might drown, and then make the choice and do the actions that are going to lead to your overall happiness and peace.
In case you were wondering about how I got over my anger yesterday, I resorted to meditation followed by dancing around the house to some great upbeat music. It worked marvelously well. Music is a great go-to for me! I also think just writing it and getting it out was helpful.
1 comment:
What a wonderful bit of advice. I've had thoughts along those lines too. You explained it so well. I particularly thought about love. love is far more about the actions and commitment to act than it is about butterflies and hormones.
Post a Comment