My brother Aaron and his wife live up at Sundance. Camille works there. So this Saturday when all the family was here for Kyle's homecoming talk we all stayed up at their place and then went skiing for the day. Can't beat free lift tickets and $10 rentals. We took the 3 older kids and then when Ryan saw them he wanted in on the action and did some skiing also. I've only been skiing once, 15 years ago. The kids picked up it really well, especially Emily and Josh. David only went down the big hill once, and he basically fell all the way down it, so he was done after that attempt. But Emily and Josh kept at it all day. They loved it and they beat me down the hill every time. I'm not sure how much I love skiing, flying down a hill at what feels like high speeds, with little to no control over what I'm doing is a scary thing. I had fun earlier in the day, later in the day when I was tired and had fallen so many times I didn't enjoy it as much. My right hip is still sore from all the falls I took on it. It was a fun day though, and a beautiful day to be outside up in the mountains.

Here's a little video of all the kids skiing for your viewing enjoyment.
In other news, tonight David competed in a district wide keyboarding (typing) competition. He took second place in his grade, typing 67 wpm, and won $75!!
1 comment:
Way to go David! And Julie, I love your hair!
Post a Comment