Today hasn't been the greatest day. It started with me not getting enough sleep and having disturbing dreams. I had to drive Emily to school, when she normally walks, then had to deal with an uncooperative four year old when already running late trying to leave the house. At work I got sliced by a manila folder trying to file papers. I'm telling you, office work can be dangerous, especially on your hands when you're doing a lot of filing. I had to leave work an hour early to pick up Emily from school because she wasn't feeling well, so I now have to figure out when and how to make up an hour of work this week. Just another example of why having two working parents when there are a bunch of kids is complicated and in-ideal Benjamin's behavior has felt quite out of control lately and he has spent much of the day screaming or causing problems and I'm really not up to dealing with him. Just half an hour ago he stood in his room and wet his pants while in time out for beating up Ryan.
And yet I know this too shall past. And even people who are at good times in their lives with no major problems to deal with still have days like today. Now I just have to get through Wednesday (my anniversary,) Christmas, and New Years. Then I figure I'll be good to go. At least for a week or two.
3 comments:
I feel your pain! Yes, these days happen to us all. But I know it is harder when you are sailing alone. Keep your chin up. Love you.
Julie,
I am so sorry about your rough day. We hate those. I don't know if this would help but next time one of your kids is sick I would be glad to pick them up for you.
Actually, that last comment was Bridget, not Tom. :) Although I am sure he loves you too;)
Post a Comment